Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Teen Science Fiction: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

About the Book: Katniss Everdeen a 16 year old girl who does what she needs to do to help her family survive in a post apocolyptic world that used to be North America. When her younger sister is selected to participate as a tribute in the brutal hunger games Katniss volunteers to put her own life on the line in a contest where there can only be one survivor.

The Teen King's Ruling: While I did not love this book I definately liked it. I worried through the whole book if the ending would live up to the rest of the story. The first book of a trilogy, Hunger Games is a light read than never the less has some graphic descriptions. Suzanne Collins creates a believable and engaging world that is laden with suspences and excitement. I give it an 8 out of 10.

Spoilers (Highlight to View) --->While I was not completely satisfied with the ending (I would have liked to seee Katness, Peeta, and Rue killed by the gamemakers after a final act of defiance.) I thought that the ending was appropriate and set up the rest of the series nicely. I believe the mockingjay pin is poisoned or is some type of communications device. I think the avox are former arena contestants, and I hope the Katniss ends of with Gale who was my favorite character.<---

No comments:

Post a Comment