Wednesday, October 27, 2010

#Sadchildrensbooks

Last week on Twitter the hash tag #sadchildrensbooks was all the rage. What you do is take a current childrens book title and change it so that it describes a sad or wrong book that would no longer be suitable for children. Here are some examples (mine are starred):

Stuart Belittled
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie You Can Track His Web Usage and Invade His Privacy
Wikipedia Brown
The Mixed-Up Meds of Mrs. Basil E. Frankenweiler
Mr. Popper's Penguin Pies*
Averagefudge
The BFP (The Big Fondling Priest)*
Homophobe and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Gay
Danny and the Dinosaur meet the Great Asteroid *
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Awkward Family Secrets
Sarah Plain and unable to find a date *
Harold and the school's cancelled art program*
Are You My Mother (no change needed)
Are You There God, It's Me, Anne Frank

So my challenge to you is to try to come up with your own sad children's books, and have fun with it!

4 comments:

  1. Those are great. I'l post again later as I think of some books. I don't feel very witty today, but we'll see what I can come up with ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! SO funny! I really don't think I can top those but If I think of one I'll post it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte's Web of Lies

    Are you there God? .... God? Anyone? Bueller?

    Fancy Nancy Files Bankruptcy.. that's a fancy word for mommy and daddy can't afford my designer Paris Hilton expectations

    Island of the Blue Balls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the list Angela! Here are a few more:
    The Secret Garden Centre
    Where the Wild Things Were
    The Taking Tree
    The Little Engine that Couldn'y
    The Velveteen Rabbit II: Death of Knuffle Bunny
    The Cat in the Shat
    Curious George and the Garbage Disposal
    James and the Giant Tumor
    See Spot Run Over

    ReplyDelete